Training has been going unbelievably well lately. As usual, I am sold on training 2 times/week and am making good gains. I have some big goals the next few years (as well as for the competition in September); the way training is going now, and with the incredible support system I have, I am truly on my way. I am doing a few new things (as far as programming the assistance) but here, again (yes I know it is redundant) is the basic schedule I am following.
- Squat or Deadlift (alternate every week) - 5/3/1 sets and reps
- SS Bar Squat - 5's progression
- SLDL/GM - higher volume work
- Bench or Press (alternate every week) - 5/3/1 sets and reps....supersetted with:
- Chins or TBar Rows (alternate every week) - 100 reps
- Bench or Press (alternate every week, doing the opposite lift I did in the beginning of the workout) - 5 sets of 10 reps
- Chins or TBar Rows (alternate every week, doing the opposite lift that I did in the beginning) - 100 reps
Every day is light conditioning work and PVC pipe work for lower body, massage on upper body (thank you wife!) and stretch routine. I weighed myself today and I am 227 pounds. Light, lean and am getting stronger than I was 25 pounds heavier. I credit this to nothing but work.
Fuck you gimmick-hounds.
• Get the 2nd Edition 5/3/1 Ebook Here
• 5/3/1 Hard Copy on Amazon