Jim Wendler Forum Update
On Friday March 15, 2013, the new Jim Wendler Forum will be up and running. If you are interested in joining the forum, here is the link: Please read!
This will much more than a 5/3/1 forum - this will be about being stronger and better in all areas of life and different types of programming. There are many different ways to reach your performance goals and we will all work together to help YOU reach higher.
I have been part of the strength community ever since I stepped into the weight room the summer prior to 8th
grade. All I’ve ever wanted was to play college football and get strong as hell. I got to play college football but I am still on a quest for strength – and I always will be.
I have watched many people get lost in their quest for strength – either by bad advice, lack of proper direction and/or support or just losing the passion due to rampant misinformation and backstabbing in the industry.
I have watched the thoughtless and mindless attacks of anonymous individuals on the Internet and impotent media trying to discredit champions; champions on the competitive stage and the coaching arena that deserve more than criticism.
While I cannot stop this from happening, I can bring people together that want something different from the world.
My goal for this forum is to bring back the sense of community in the strength world. I want to all of us to be surrounded by positive individuals that believe in the process. I want to help others stay on track and find their way – give them footing to reach higher and the knowledge to break down mental and physical barriers. And I want others to help me reach my goals. We all need help, even if it’s just a kick in the ass.
This forum is about performance – in life and in training. This is not about fat loss or body fat percentage or looking good in the mirror; there are plenty of places to go for that and this is not one of them. I want to bring back the work and the pride that it takes to achieve a 500 pound squat or the discipline it takes to build up your conditioning to play 4 quarters of football. I want individuals that are willing to take 100% responsibility for every thing in their lives and realize that they have the power to change them.
I want people to celebrate the work it takes to set a new personal record. I want people that expect more from themselves – that understand they are much more capable than the world gives them credit for. In the end, we want HARD people. Hard to kill, hard to keep down and that will never martyr their lives or problems for sympathy.
If this is something you desire, join us. Help us. Let us help you.
Do you qualify for the following?
· You want to kick ass in your life.
· You want to be part of a group that shares the same values of strength and commitment.
· You want to ask and learn from others that have achieved.
· You wish to help guide those that ask for help or advice.
· You dare to be held accountable for your actions, words and goals.
Are you ready?
· Are you willing to take responsibility for your actions and words and do so without the cowardice of anonymity?
· Do you want be strong as hell – mentally and physically?
· Do you want to enjoy life and want to share it with others?
· Do you have thick skin and believe that the world of correctness is scarier than loss of freedom?
· Do you understand the difference between information and gossip?
· Understand that empathy and point-of-view (perspective) is not the same as weakness?
* Do you have a sense of humor?
· Can you tolerate different points of views and respect others views? NOTE: This is NOT a political or religious forum.
· Do you not fall for fitness, strength or diet trends?
· Do you understand that this forum is not a democracy? I have the final say. It is my name at the top of the forum and thus it is my decision. Life isn’t fair and sometimes the decisions made on this forum aren’t fair either.
Understand that this forum is not for everyone and it’s ok to not want to be part of it. That is my intention – I don’t want people to sit on the fence in their lives as that is the sure way to play it safe and to get a sore ass. Also, you must post with your REAL name. I will not tolerate "BigSquatterdude 225" or any other non-sense.
If you want to be better, click HERE!